A DIY portable solar battery pack kit for charging iPhones, Androids, iPads1, eBook readers, UV water sanitizers, or powering lights and even robots! Harness green energy and keep your devices powered no matter where you go2.
You may have seen us on KickStarter and the Make blog!
How does it work?
Use solar panels to charge the battery pack during the day. The battery pack stores that energy, so you can charge your portable devices whenever, wherever you want. To charge a device, simply plug it into one of the two USB ports!
Key Features Comparison
- 5W solar panel generates enough power to recharge an iPhone in as little as 2 hours
- Supports up to two solar panels, for a total of 10W
- A 6000mAh/22Wh battery, can hold 4-5x as much power as a smart phone's internal battery
- Two USB ports, outputs up to 1.5A.
- Charge a smart phone in 1-1.5 hours!
- It all fits in a bamboo enclosure, which is renewable and sustainable.
- Comes as an easy to assemble DIY kit. All you need is some glue and a screw driver.
- FIY (fix-it-yourself). All replacement components are available for sale individually.
- Can also be charged using an optional AC adapter
The Small Print
- Solar panel: 6.3in x 8.66in (16cm x 22cm)
- Battery enclosure: 5.12in x 2.56in x 1.02in (13cm x 6.5cm x 2.6cm)
- 1 - A fully charged Chi-qoo will charge an iPad about 70% of the way. Purchase of two panels recommended for use with iPads
- 2 - Solar panels work best outdoors. Modern windows may block up to 90% of available energy.